Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday Score 12/28/08

Starting today I plan on posting something I found at the swap over the weekend every Sunday. Today there was a new monthly swap starting up in the city of Torrance. They open at 5:30 so it was dark and it was cold ( California cold not to offend my east coast readers who really know what cold is) So walking around with every other dealer/collector that decided to shop the new event there almost seemed like there were more of us shopping than dealers selling. The first row is where I came across this sign. I have seen the figure of Chilly which rotated on the top of the slushy machine but this is the first tin sign I have seen. The piece is two sided and after a good cleaning it came out clean and shiny with just the right wear. The size is 3 foot square which was just small enough to fit in the back seat of my beetle. I don't know about you all out there but I usually buy something first and the wonder how I am going to get it home. So here is the Sunday score of this week.




I like how they demand to try it "Now"

5 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

I don't want to try it NOW. I will wait for summer - it's too cold right now!
(Cute, though.)

Matt said...

New swap in Torrance? Where?

Library Diva said...

I'm so glad to hear this. I just wanted to let you know how much I love your blog. I recently discovered it, and it's so neat to see someone who appreciates all the little things that most people would just chuck in the trash. I like to think that I'm a little bit like that too -- you've inspired me to try to be more like that.

BTW, I think I'm going to try cooking up some Chocolate Marlow soon. I'll let you know how it turns out.

tikiranch said...

Matt;
New swap at the El Camino College on top of one of the parking structures.time will tell if it works out since there are a few other shows that happen the same day. One is the torrance street show which is only about 10 min away and has been going on for 10 years. It's funny the 4th sunday has never had a large solid show happening always a few small ones scattered around.

Library Dive:
Let me know how it turns out. Send me a picture @ tikiranch@yahoo.com

Major Pepperidge said...

I have a Chilly Willee figure, he is my pride and joy. I didn't know that he rotated, but that explains the hole in one foot!! I built a custom stand for him, and he is very happy now.