Thursday, July 31, 2008

Trash Digging





I did not have room for a full size trash bin in my house but this miniature salesman sample is just the right fit. The piece is heavy steel and the lids work just like the full size one all the way down to the small poles that hold the lids open. It is as tall as a coke can to give you an idea of the scale. I fould a good spot for it on my office desk and know I use it to toss my spare change in. I should find a action figure and have him digging in the can with his feet in the air.........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is awesome! I love how it is scratched up and has paint missing just like everyone of those green bins I have ever seen. I was shocked to get to the text and realize this was not a full-sized bin. Love it!

Major Pepperidge said...

Yes, this is very cool! It looks like a movie miniature, beat up and distressed like the real thing. It seems surprising that a salesman's sample would even be necessary, who doesn't know what a dumpster looks like? But that's partially what makes this one so great.

Anonymous said...

I have dived many of these in my day behind stores. Amazing what they throw out sometimes.
Now if there was the garbage collection truck that went with this..

Kevin Kidney said...

It looks so real! Does it even smell bad, too? ;-)